Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hudson English Dictionary


Help
=
Hope!
Balloon
=
Momo
Lawn Mower
=
Momo
Hudson
=
Hutsey
Francesco (character from Cars 2)
=
Puto
Tiptoe tiptoe
=
Teto teto (which he whispers very loudly when we are trying to be quiet)
Eat
=
Um mum mum or eat
Don’t eat my food, mom
=
Mom! No un mum mum.
Love you mom
=
Mishyou mom (Makes me almost cry every time)
Harper
=
Harpo or Baby Harpo
Thank you
=
Hunun (?)
I’m sorry
=
Hunun (?)
Uncle Daniel
=
Nani
Uncle Jesse
Grandpa Ron
=
=
Hessi
Bob (David and I named my dad "Papa". Hudson combined it with "Poppy" (his great-grandpa's name) and somehow it became "Bappy" then "Bobby". Now it's just "Bob". Or "Bob!" when he really wants his attention.)
Uncle Cameron
=
Pot Pie (Hudson couldn’t say Cameron and they once ate a chicken pot pie together. Done named.)
Uncle Dan (David’s brother)
=
Nani (with an aggressive head shake that jiggles the cheeks because that’s what Dan does when he sees Hud.)
Mom
=
Mom(my)
Grammy

Brooke
Cramblitt (Jesse's Friend)
=

=
Mommy (in his mind there is a distinct difference)
Meshul B (Special B)
Dogs
=
Ooh hoo (shortened version of a dog bark. All animals are their sound, of course)
Shark
=
Argh! (Ok, maybe not always the sounds, but just their implied fierceness.)
Train
=
Choo choo
No thank you
=
No pease
Sit on the floor and play with me.
=
Come. Seat. Me.
Happy
=
Hoppy (He wants to know which animals are hoppy. Sharks are no hoppy. Sheep is hoppy (and fuffy). He also decides whether he likes someone based on if they are hoppy or no hoppy.)
To indicate lots or many
=
Fie (example: fie shnow = five snow = lots of snow)
To indicate even more
=
Fie! Fie! Fie!
It’s cold
=
Ooh hoo hoo (with a little shoulder shake)
Fluffy
=
Fuffy
Okay okay
=
Hotay hotay
Stop
=
Bop or Dop
Yellow, red, green,
Milk
Chocolate milk or beer
On/off
That

Truck



I see that/let me see that

=

=

=
=
=

=



=
Weddow, vredt, reen

Moo moo tschuce (juice)

Daddy tschuce (juice)
Hon/Hoff
"Eh": that, there, see, um, Hudson's Universal Noun
"Pull": small, black toy truck and trailer, "borrowed" from the Scott's. He puts cargo in the back. Favorite toy right now.
Meshe

Grammy (my mom) calls Hudson “sweetie pie”. So Hud started adding “pie” to the ends of people’s names when he was feeling especially affectionate towards them. Mommy = mommy pie. Daddy = daddy pie. Baby = baby pie.

2 comments:

  1. Well done and great idea writing these down! I know I like my daddy tshuce to be hoppy...you're on the right track, Hud!

    ReplyDelete