Friday, November 2, 2012

My Unpolished Debut.


Thursday November 1, 2012
I started the morning with a cup of coffee, as usual. While still feeling inspired by the rush of caffeine on an empty stomach, I stumbled across a Pinterest idea for making dough for handprints. Almost all my pins are left untested, but this one looked so easy! The Original Pin.
Into the kitchen we all went. Hudson sat on the counter while Harper stood on a chair (I do not endorse this). They “helped”, we kneaded, flour went everywhere (which was excellent in testing my recent rejection of my own OCDness). Towards the end it was just Harper clinging to my legs while Hudson kept tasting a “baby” amount of sugar from the canisters.
Then I thought, “Wow, this is an excellent day to debut the blog I have been thinking about doing! So yeah, maybe I don’t have a name or a theme figured out. I will look like a super mom with the dough handprints!’’ Yes, it’s true that all Hudson has eaten for breakfast is dry cereal and Harper has only nursed and snacked on whatever was left on the floor from yesterday. So what that I typically struggle to cook at all. I can do dough for handprints! I’ll admit we only had enough salt for a half batch, I never really got past the “sticky” phase, I forgot to take photos, and we certainly don’t have any fancy paint to make this project look polished, but we will get it. It’s a learning process.
It’s also true that I haven’t written formal introductions for the boys and me, but it will come soon. I’m sure of it. For a quick introduction: Hudson just turned three and Harper is 15 months. They are wild, determined, creative, sweet boys! They keep me busy, exhausted, and always desiring to love better: them, myself, my husband, and those around me. I had better get back to the boys. The whole bowl of grapes I bought yesterday is now strewn across my table. I got a picture of that!



4 comments:

  1. I have always lived by the mantra: I'd rather have happy kids than a clean house! Believe it or not these messy impossible moments are the blessings of motherhood you will cherish when those wonderful boys are all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me smile that you are sharing your world!! Look forward to more thoughts.

    ReplyDelete